Hey friends, after some fun banter on Instagram about food with crushsocial and boldbrandfast and avocadoshirtco I decided I would repost this recipe. This recipe comes from my brother, Robert, who is an incredible cook. He makes this for every family gathering and it’s a dish that everyone loves and always wants more of. It is always gobbled up quickly and everyone knows it’s a ‘first in, best dressed’ situation when it hits the table. This recipe serves four, however based on experience, both my brother and I would suggest you double or even triple the batch when entertaining. Trust us, it’s so good, there won’t be any left. Also, I suggest you use a mortar and pestle to grind everything together. This way, you get even more flavour allowing each ingredient to invade the other yet compliment with it’s simplicity.
Guacamole – (Makes 4 Servings)2 tbsp. finely chopped white onion
3 firmly packed tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp. finely chopped jalapeño
1 tsp. salt
3 medium-ripe hass avocados
3 tbsp. diced tomato
Squeeze of lemon to bring all the flavours together
1. Grind 1 tbsp. of the onions, 1 tbsp. of the cilantro, jalapeño, and salt together in a mortar and pestle until all the ingredients are well ground. (If you don’t have a mortar and pestle then simply use a fork to mash the ingredients to a paste in a wide bowl.)
2. Cut avocados (about 8 ounces each) in half. Twist the halves to separate them and remove the pit with the tip of the knife. Place an avocado half, cut side up, in your palm and make 3 or 4 evenly spaced lengthwise cuts through its flesh down to the skin, without cutting through the skin. Make 4 crosswise cuts in the same fashion.
3. Scoop the diced avocado flesh into the mortar. Repeat with remaining avocado halves. Gently fold the avocado into the chile–onion paste, keeping the avocado pieces fairly intact.
4. Add tomatoes, remaining 2 tbsp. of the cilantro, and remaining 1 tbsp. of the onions.
5. Fold together all the ingredients. Taste and add salt, if necessary. Finally, squeeze the lemon over and let the citrus bring all the flavours together.
6. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Enjoy friends. Let me know if you make it and how your family and friends enjoyed.